Re: [Q] Is there any EDA simulator accepting Connector IBIS?

Subject: Re: [Q] Is there any EDA simulator accepting Connector IBIS?
From: Mike LaBonte (mike@labonte.com)
Date: Wed Feb 20 2002 - 15:33:28 PST

The IBIS Connector format allows simulators to automatically form and
connect a circuit for a pin and the cluster of pins near it on a
connector. SPICE connector files usually require a human to figure
out how to manually connect the circuit for each simulation, and they
may be whole connector models that need to be reduced for reasonable
simulation times. So the main difference is the "administrative" info
that allows IBIS connector models to be used in a more or less plug
and play manner. The circuit models derived from the IBIS files may
be otherwise effectively the same as the SPICE models.

Mike LaBonte