Re: IBIS Qualification Committee call for participation

Subject: Re: IBIS Qualification Committee call for participation
From: Peter LaFlamme (plaflamm@amcc.com)
Date: Mon Feb 25 2002 - 07:31:08 PST

Hi Barry,
It is great that you want to lead this. I am not sure if you have actually looked into any of the IBIS Accuracy work that was headed (and still is) by Greg Edlund. I was on the original committee that defined this and did a paper at Designcon with Bob
Haller in 1999. I think that you may find the accuracy spec as a good starting point, because it seems very similar to what you are proposing, though it may not be all encompasing.

I would be willing to put my 2cents in, or help out to that extent.

Take care,
Peter

--
Peter LaFlamme

Applied Micro Circuits Corp. Staff System Applications Engineer 200 Minuteman Rd, 3rd Floor Andover, MA 01810

978-247-8470 phone 978-623-0055 Fax

Barry Katz wrote: > > All, > > At the 2/22 IBIS Open Forum teleconference I took the initiative to lead > the IBIS Qualification Committee. Establishing a standard process and > metrics for assessing and improving the overall quality of IBIS models is > something that I am passionate about. The mission, scope, and deliverables > of this committee are as follows: > > Mission > ------- > Provide a method and a standard to dramatically improve the quality of IBIS > models. > > Scope > ------ > Define all elements of an IBIS model to be considered for quality > assessment and produce a standard mechanism of reporting the quality of > each of these elements. End-users must be able to assess the quality of > IBIS models for their specific application. > > Deliverables > ------------ > 1. Assessment medium (ie. Standardized spreadsheet) > 2. Detailed Standard > 3. Commitments from Semiconductor vendors to adopt the standard > > For those interested in participation, please email me with your contact > information (including the folks that volunteered at the teleconference). > > Thanks, > Barry > > -- > > Barry Katz > Chief Executive Officer > Signal Integrity Software > 6 Clock Tower Place, #250 > Maynard, MA 01754 > O: 978 461-0449 x19 > M: 978 618-9078