[IBIS-Users] IBIS and HSPICE simulation result question

Subject: [IBIS-Users] IBIS and HSPICE simulation result question
From: Gang Huo (ghuo@lsil.com)
Date: Mon Mar 25 2002 - 12:46:56 PST

Hi All,

When I try to correlate a IBIS I/O model simulation with HSPICE model
using HSPICE version 2000.4, the result is pretty good on the standard
load and open transmission line load. One thing concerns me is that in
the simulation of a load of transmission line to receiver simulation,
the overshoot level of the signal is much higher when using the IBIS
model than the HSPICE model, (the difference between two case is 0.5V
nominal and 0.7V in best case, this is a 3.3v I/O buffer).

I doubt this may be because of the clamp tables in the IBIS model. But
as the creator of the model, I am pretty confident that the clamp tables
in the IBIS model are correct, so can someone give me an idea what else
in the IBIS model may cause this? Will this cause a problem to the
users? And is there any good way to address this issue when creating the
models?

Thanks in advance,
Gang Huo