RE: [IBIS-Users] Temperature Range:

Subject: RE: [IBIS-Users] Temperature Range:
From: Mike LaBonte (mike@labonte.com)
Date: Thu Mar 28 2002 - 10:42:44 PST

At 01:04 PM 3/28/2002 -0500, Ingraham, Andrew wrote:
>It is conceivable, if not entirely practical, that a smart simulator might
>select the appropriate device strength/speed (or interpolate between
>them), based on the desired simulation temperature.

SPECCTRAQuest did at one time interpolate between I/V curves based on the
design operating junction temperature of each part, as determined by
thermal analysis. However, that was discontinued after doubts were raised
about temperature being the primary factor. You would want to determine how
much of the fast/slow variation is due to temperature before undertaking this.

Mike LaBonte