RE: [IBIS-Users] IBIS Imponderables

Subject: RE: [IBIS-Users] IBIS Imponderables
From: Lynne Green (lgreen@cadence.com)
Date: Tue Apr 02 2002 - 12:57:19 PST

Hi, Kim,

1) Ancient history that lingers with us. I personally wouldn't mind
seeing this one reduced to a warning (or even eliminated) in IBIS 4.

2) This one is because some Windows Apps (such as copying a file
to a CD!) thoughtfully change case on files. This rule makes life easier
when files have to go to both UNIX and Windows.

3) Since there is no agreement on where to draw the line between
warnings and errors for mismatches, it is never an error. At least
the size of the mismatch is reported by the parser. (Sigh.)

4) Not sure about s2ibis2, but have seen this where there are not enough
table points in the transition region of a table. Model makers need to
keep more points in tables where data is changing (steep slope), and
fewer where is changing slowly or not at all, for both I-V and V-t tables.

Best regards,
Lynne

Dr. Lynne Green
Cadence Design Systems, Inc.