RE: [IBIS-Users] Input ESD Structures

Subject: RE: [IBIS-Users] Input ESD Structures
From: Lynne Green (lgreen@cadence.com)
Date: Tue Apr 23 2002 - 08:28:33 PDT

Hello, Tim,

The 3 most significant DC parameters in the diode model:
IS: "reverse leakage" current, adjusted to give correct forward current
at low bias voltage (V<0.4V in silicon). Ranges from around 1e-16
for signal diodes to >1e-9 for power diodes.
N: ideality factor, adjusted to give correct forward current at medium
bias (0.5V to 0.6V in silicon). Usually 1<N<2.
RS: series resistance, adjusted to give correct forward current at
high bias (V>0.7V in silicon). Typically 0.1 to 10 ohms.

You need at least 3 I-V points to get these parameters. More will
give a better least-squares fit.

Model needs to be accurate over actual operating conditions,
including reflections. This should cover from Vcc of reverse
voltage to about 1V of forward voltage. Maximum current should not
exceed 100 mA, even outside this region. SiQual has addressed
diode models in the reflector, with comparison to measurements.

Best regards,
Lynne

Dr. Lynne Green
PCB Systems Division