Re: [IBIS-Users] FW: IBIS model question

Subject: Re: [IBIS-Users] FW: IBIS model question
From: Ross, Bob (bob_ross@mentorg.com)
Date: Wed May 22 2002 - 11:35:07 PDT

Rahul:

A brief answer is that the Dynamic Clamp can still be used
for an input model for several reasons:

  1. The dynamic voltage shifting may model the behavior
     of an input buffer that has the clamp reference triggered
     by a voltage and that changes with time.

  2. Or in a static mode, the Input mode of an I/O buffer may
     contain the clamp, but it is switched out during the
     driving mode.

  3. The dynamic clamp in static mode can also be used for
     an internal (on die) terminator that is switched in only
     for the Input mode of an I/O buffer.

Bob Ross
Mentor Graphics