Re: [IBIS-Users] IBIS Package Model

Subject: Re: [IBIS-Users] IBIS Package Model
From: Abdulrahman Rafiq (arafiq@cisco.com)
Date: Tue May 28 2002 - 10:06:20 PDT

Kee Chai,

To create and IBIS model file you need all the relevent V/I and V/T data points, a valid pinlist file, master Pin file, RLC file. Also make sure that you have the timin-process loads (Vmeas, Vref, Rref and Cref) for all I/O,
Output, 3-state buffers.

In order to create the pin-list section of the ibis file, you will need to extract the [Pim], signal_name, model_name, R_pin, L_pin and C_pin from the master-pin, pin-list and RLC files. This you can do using MS-Excel,
Star-Office or you if you are prficient in a scripting langauge you can create script to do this.

I hope this helps

Abdulrahman Rafiq
Hardware Engineer
Cisco Systems, Inc

"LIM,KEE-CHAI (A-Singapore,ex1)" wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> I have a question on IBIS package model:
>
> If I have a file containing RLC which is extracted from a package using some extraction tools such as Ansoft, can I represent it in IBIS model?
>
> When I look at the IBIS file, it always contain other sections on capturing timing information such as V/I curve for rising and falling waveforms. It only captures package modeling in one of the sections in IBIS modle file.
>
> In my case, Can I create a IBIS model file only contains package information and no timing information?
>
> Thank you very much.
>
> Best Regards
> kee chai
> |------------------------------------------------------------------
> |with just the appropriate command message(s) in the body:
> |
> | help
> | subscribe ibis <optional e-mail address, if different>
> | subscribe ibis-users <optional e-mail address, if different>
> | unsubscribe ibis <optional e-mail address, if different>
> | unsubscribe ibis-users <optional e-mail address, if different>
> |
> |or email a written request to ibis-request@eda.org.
> |
> |IBIS reflector archives exist under:
> |
> | http://www.eda.org/pub/ibis/email_archive/ Recent
> | http://www.eda.org/pub/ibis/users_archive/ Recent
> | http://www.eda.org/pub/ibis/email/ E-mail since 1993

      |           |             Abdulrahman A. Rafiq
     :|:         :|:            Hardware Engineer
    :|||:       :|||:           HSS Engineering Services, (ISBU)
 .:|||||||:...:|||||||:.        Direct: (408) 527-5540
 C i s c o S y s t e m s        Fax   : (408) 526-6603
      www.cisco.com             email : arafiq@cisco.com
      800-250-4800              epage : arafiq@epage.cisco.com
                                URL1  : http://wwwin-sipd.cisco.com
                                URL2  : http://wwwin-people.cisco.com/~arafiq