RE: [IBIS-Users] ibis

Subject: RE: [IBIS-Users] ibis
From: Bill Hargin (billh@cognitionconsulting.com)
Date: Thu Jun 13 2002 - 20:48:52 PDT

Hi Kar Hooi:

> Can you explain me what information we put in Vmeans, Cref, Rref &
> Vref keywards & how this information used by customer.

See my last e-mail for a generic overview of Vmeas, Cref, Rref & Vref.

More info. on Vmeas:
The Vmeas subparameter is the reference voltage level that the semiconductor
vendor uses for the model.

Vmeas is used -- by an SI simulator, for example -- for timing calculations.
It's the Output equivalent of Vinl and Vinh for an Input model. (An I/O
could include all three.) Vmeas is the point at which the Driver is
considered to be "switched."

Timing delay can be calculated by subtracting the point at which a the
Driver crosses Vmeas from the point at which the Receiver waveform crosses
Vinl (falling edge) or Vinh (rising edge).

Best Regards,
Bill Hargin
Direct: 425-702-0744
Fax: 425-702-0305

Cognition Consulting
Electronic Design Software and Consulting
http://www.CognitionConsulting.com