[IBIS-Users] Re: ibis doubt

Subject: [IBIS-Users] Re: ibis doubt
From: Ross, Bob (bob_ross@mentorg.com)
Date: Mon Jun 17 2002 - 11:46:44 PDT

Hello Akhilesh:

I have some parser responses in your text.

Bob Ross
Mentor Graphics

akhilesh.chandra@st.com wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Can you explain me what information we put in Vmeans, Cref, Rref &
> Vref keywards & how this information used by customer.
>
> I have some problems
>
> 1- Our ibischecker take file name in small & if we put file name
> in capital then it gives error Why it is so.
> Except IBIS all others models file name in capital so when we
> use IBIS model in our flow then it is crash.
> So it is better if our ibischecker take file name case
> insensitive.

We chose to make the file name lower case to avoid case sensitive
distinctions in Unix systems and also to standardize in Windows
formats.

> 2- Some time our file name is more than 12 character then also our
> ibischecker gives error, it should we user dependent not
> hardcoded.

Set the [IBIS Ver] to 3.2 and the error should go away. We went with
20.3 in Version 3.2.

> 3- When our file name have more then one period then ibischecker also
> shows error I think ibischecker shoud read more then one period.

I do not believe we support the "." in a file name other than to separate
the file name from the "ibs" or other legal extension.