[IBIS-Users] Rising/Falling Waveform generation

Subject: [IBIS-Users] Rising/Falling Waveform generation
From: John Phillippe (ra6314@email.sps.mot.com)
Date: Thu Jun 27 2002 - 09:27:32 PDT

Dear Everyone,
  I can't seem to generate decent rising and falling waveforms in IBIS.
After looking at the generated spice files, I found that the problem was
with the Rfixture and Vfixture. I found that if I didn't use a test
fixture of any kind, then the waveforms came out correct. However I had
to manually generate them. So I went back and tried monkeying with the
Rfixture values, and found that a 100K resistor seems to allow IBIS to
generate a good waveform.
  I've never used an IBIS model in a simulation environment before, and
so I guess my question is regarding the Rfixture, and what it is used
for. Could I manually generate my edges and then specify an Rfixture of
0 ohms in the ibis file? Is having an Rfixture of 100k going to cause
any problems for the end users?

--
John Phillippe
SPS, 32 Bit Embedded Controller Division, IC Creation