Re: [IBIS-Users] FW: Extreme currents????

Subject: Re: [IBIS-Users] FW: Extreme currents????
From: AC (comeral@ix.netcom.com)
Date: Wed Jul 10 2002 - 18:28:51 PDT

Hello:

Although Spice may predict extremely high currents, I doubt whether they
are predicted accurately. I've seen IBIS models with 1.0E25 diode
currents,
from big manufacturers; a quick sanity check indicates that such a diode
would dissipate more power than the sun puts out! And it probably
doesn't
take much current to blow up a small diode, so blowing one up in the lab
doesn't really prove that the high currents were accurate -

I think a little more "physicality" in these models would be desireable
-

AC