RE: [IBIS-Users] FW: Extreme currents????

Subject: RE: [IBIS-Users] FW: Extreme currents????
From: Mohan, Prabhu (Prabhu.Mohan@actel.com)
Date: Thu Jul 11 2002 - 18:01:40 PDT

Hi all,

I've come across a few kilo Amps(!) in the -3.3V region while generating
IBIS models. In all the cases the reason was the clamp-diodes (with zero R).
Here is what I do. For all the transistors that are directly connected to
the PAD, I just stick a resistor (say 5ohms) between substrate and ground
(or power). This brings the current down to "reasonable" levels. Once some
silicon measurements are done I just tune the resistors that I inserted.
Please tell me if there is anything wrong with the above method.
Ofcourse, this means sifting through the spice netlist but it has worked
quite well so far.

Prabhu/~