[IBIS-Users] Simplified model for receiver

Subject: [IBIS-Users] Simplified model for receiver
From: Perry Qu (Perry.Qu@alcatel.com)
Date: Wed Aug 14 2002 - 11:00:53 PDT

Hi,

Can anyone share your experience to use a simple die capacitance to
replace IBIS receiver model, especially for differential receivers ? I
run into such situations frequently when some IBIS models does not
behave properly in HSPICE and I have to do the simulation using other
IBIS-based tools. e.g., i had a case right now when the driver is an
IBIS model (LVDS) and receiver is in HSPICE. The apparent choice is to
run the simulation in HSPICE. Unfortunately, the IBIS model does not
behave properly in HSPICE, whereas it works fine in XTK. I was forced to
run the simulation in XTK but I have to replace the HSPICE model of
receiver with a simplified model to at least get some feeling about the
signal integrity. Of course, I will add packaging in the simulation.

Thanks

--
Perry Qu

Product Integrity | 600 March Road Alcatel Canada | Ottawa, ON K2K 2E6, Canada

DID: (613) 7846720 | FAX: (613) 5993642