RE: [IBIS-Users] Non_monotonous data in IBIS models

Subject: RE: [IBIS-Users] Non_monotonous data in IBIS models
From: Ingraham, Andrew (Andrew.Ingraham@hp.com)
Date: Mon Aug 19 2002 - 07:37:26 PDT

> Thanx for the response.But just wanted to know if this non-monotonic behaviour will be the case for input only or output only buffers also ? The models that I am using are input only and output only buffers .
> I don't have any Bi-di buffer .The output buffer is 3-state output buffer .

Sorry, I really should have said tri-stateable buffers (which effectively includes bi-dir buffers too, since they are tri-stateable).

It tends to happen when you create a buffer model that has both the * Clamp tables and Pulldown, Pullup tables.

Input buffers have only the Clamp tables, so they should be OK.

Output-only buffers that don't tri-state should be OK (if the output drivers really are monotonic) because they have only the Pulldown and Pullup tables.

The monotonicity tends to happen as a result of subtracting the Clamp currents from the total currents, to get the Pulldown and Pullup tables.

If input-only buffers or output-only buffers (that don't tri-state) cause non-monotonic warnings, then they really are non-monotonic (or there's something wrong with the measurements or simulations used to create their IBIS models).

Regards,
Andy