Re: [IBIS-Users] Non_monotonous data in IBIS models

Subject: Re: [IBIS-Users] Non_monotonous data in IBIS models
From: Robert Haller (rhaller@sisoft.com)
Date: Thu Aug 22 2002 - 13:51:38 PDT

Anshuli
        I took a quick look at the IBIS model and have 2 observations. First,
there is an BUG in the IBIS parser that causes it to flag non-monotonic
problems in pullups and pulldowns when clamps are seperated out even
though combined curves are Monotonic.
I have formally submitted this as parser BUG71, lobby your company IBIS
rep to APPROVE this BUG fix if you don't want to see FALSE error flags.
Second, In your IBIS model there was an addition non-monotonic region
outside the normal region of operation ( ~ 5 volts) which probably won't
cause you simulation problems, but from the purest standpoint is wrong.

Regards,
Bob

--
Robert J. Haller (rhaller@sisoft.com)
Principal Consultant

Anshuli Goel wrote: > Hi All > > > I am a new user of IBIS model.I tried generating the IBIS models for > input and output models using s2ibis2 utility from NCSU . > I am getting some non-monotonic data in the curves.Which I am not able > to understand it's reason. > The IBIS file is attached . Please suggest me some thing where I could > be wrong and what can I do to rectify this problem. > > Regards > Anshuli > > >