RE: [IBIS-Users] IBIS problem

Subject: RE: [IBIS-Users] IBIS problem
From: Mike LaBonte (milabont@cisco.com)
Date: Mon Sep 16 2002 - 06:59:45 PDT

Ibischk must have calculated the current to be 20mA, since
(3.3v - 2.30v) / 50ohms = 20mA. Since the initial endpoint
of a rising edge is examined here, the Pulldown I/V curve
must be drawing 20mA at 2.3V.

I am wondering if one of the clamp curves has significant
leakage current within the buffer operating range, and
ibischk is ignoring other curves in it's calculation.
Although a too-short simulation duration easily causes
mismatches at the final endpoint, it is unusual to see
the initial point come out wrong.

Mike LaBonte