RE: [IBIS-Users] On IBIS Model Generation

Subject: RE: [IBIS-Users] On IBIS Model Generation
From: S Jairam (sjairam@ti.com)
Date: Tue Sep 17 2002 - 02:45:58 PDT

Prabhu / Eckhard

Thanks for your responses. This makes it clear. So, the assumption
that the buffers sees a proper termination, needs to be adhered.

Regards,
Jairam.

Mohan, Prabhu writes:
#Hi Jairam,
#
#You are correct. The buffers characteristics will vary with load.
#Since there is no real way to know what load the buffer will be driving
#and fast edge rates make traces look like 50ohm transmission lines,
#most models use 50ohm pullup and pulldown to derive the VT curves.
#
#At this point I think it is upto the simulator vendor to come up
#with the appropriate algorithm to extract buffer characteristics
#for other loads.
#
#Hope that was of some help.
#