Re: [IBIS-Users] On IBIS Model Generation

Subject: Re: [IBIS-Users] On IBIS Model Generation
From: Ege Engin (engin@izm.fhg.de)
Date: Wed Sep 18 2002 - 01:38:05 PDT

Andrew,

I-V and V-T curves are both obtained when the (CMOS) driver is connected
to an ideal supply voltage. The resultant driver model is a 2-pole
model, such that the signal return current is assumed to flow back on
the AC short-circuited power and/or ground. Do you think, it is possible
to use/extend IBIS (similar to the 4-terminal device model in the
japanese IMIC) to include the power supply noise? You mentioned that the
V-T curves at various loads is required to enhance accuracy. Maybe, a
possible way to include the power-supply noise is to have all these V-T
(and V-I) curves at various power-supply levels as well. I think the
simulator needs to be "smarter" in this case to figure out what to do.

Regards,
Ege