[IBIS-Users] On IBIS Model Generation

Subject: [IBIS-Users] On IBIS Model Generation
From: Angulo, John (john_angulo@mentorg.com)
Date: Wed Sep 18 2002 - 11:26:35 PDT

The following is posted on behalf of Eckhard Lenski at Siemens. Please send all private replies to eckhard.lenski@siemens.com only.

-----------------------------------
Hello Jairam,

when you extract your v-i-curves, there must not be any package parasitics during that measurement (or simulation ) ( and the same is valid for the v-t-curves )

You usually switch the outputbuffer in the logical high / or low state and than you sweep the outputvoltage source between -vcc up to 2*vcc and you measure the resulting current from the output.

 and please have a look at the accuracy handbook on the following web page

http://www.eda.org/pub/ibis/accuracy/

Regards
Eckhard

Eckhard Lenski