RE: [IBIS-Users] Ground Bounce/SSO analysis

Subject: RE: [IBIS-Users] Ground Bounce/SSO analysis
From: Peters, Stephen (stephen.peters@intel.com)
Date: Thu Oct 17 2002 - 13:01:38 PDT

Hello Rob:

  We don't discuss specific simulator capabilities on the mail list, but in
general there are two ways of dealing with simulating ground bounce. If you
have access to a 2D/3D field solver and the low level package/chip design,
you can approximate the on-die power distribution then use the [Pin Mapping]
keyword to describe the on-die power distribution. I personally haven't seen
a model that uses [Pin Mapping], and not many simulators support it (or
ground bounce simulations in general).

The other method is to take your V-T and I-V data under SSO conditions --
i.e. create a model with the effects of SSO imbedded in the data. Of
course, the model is fixed for a specific number of outputs switching, but
the model can then be used in any simulator that supports IBIS.

 Hope this helps.

 Regards,
 Stephen Peters
 Intel Corp.