RE: [IBIS-Users] info on differential signals

Subject: RE: [IBIS-Users] info on differential signals
From: Tom Dagostino (tom@teraspeed.com)
Date: Fri Nov 15 2002 - 13:51:59 PST

The diff table's Vdiff will override the Vinl, Vinh data in the IBIS model.
So, if the model does not have the diff table then the simulator will look
for Vinl, Vinh. If the diff table is present then the simulator will use
Vdiff. If the pin pairs are differential and you do not declare them as such
then the simulator has no way of knowing that the differential threshold
should be applied nor, in the case of differential outputs, will it know to
differentially stimulate the driver pairs.

Tom Dagostino
Device Modeling Division
Teraspeed Consulting Group LLC
2926 SE Yamhill St.