[IBIS-Users] IBIS?

Subject: [IBIS-Users] IBIS?
From: Shee Kian Wong (SKWONG@altera.com)
Date: Tue Nov 19 2002 - 22:01:23 PST

Hi all,

I have several IBIS questions:

1. I was wondering how an IBIS simulator read and interpret the data
tabulated in an IBIS file? What is the common algorithm used by most of the
simulators? For example a simple driver and receiver interconnected by a
transmission line. And the simulation shows the following waveform captured
at both ends:

                         <<...OLE_Obj...>>

        Then how do the data in pullup/pulldown/clamp/ramp play their roles
in forming the simulation waveform? Can one tell what data constitute to a
particular portion of the waveform?

2. Lumped RLC package is often used in IBIS models. Can they be used in
higher frequency environment? Will parasitics in an IBIS file
(c_comp,C_pkg,C_pin,L_pkg,L_pin) alter the output impedance as
        operating frequency goes higher? Is there a maximum frequency that a
package model can withstand?

        If that is the case, is distributed package model a better choice?
How do we go about it?

Can someone shed some light here?

Have a nice day.
Thks & Rgds,