[IBIS-Users] RE: IBIS correlation to SPICE

Subject: [IBIS-Users] RE: IBIS correlation to SPICE
From: Muranyi, Arpad (arpad.muranyi@intel.com)
Date: Fri Dec 06 2002 - 13:16:48 PST

Eric,

To be honest with you, I do not remember which tools were used
to generate the figure in the article you are referencing in the
link in your message. (That article was written quite a long time
ago, in 1994).

There are many ways of correlating your IBIS models with the
original SPICE. Most tools have features to save their waveforms
in ASCII format, and you can import these ASCII files into the
other tool's waveform viewer, or if nothing else, a spreadsheet
program, such as EXCEL. Some tools can even import other tool's
formats.

However, if you have HSPICE, you can do the correlation from within
HSPICE, because it has direct IBIS model support with its B-element.
You can get a taste for this if you go to:

http://www.eda.org/pub/ibis/training/

and download the IBIS_class_JEDEC.zip file in which I have a
"compare.sp" file that does just this.

Have fun,

Arpad