RE: [IBIS-Users] [Fwd: Validation of IBIS model]

Subject: RE: [IBIS-Users] [Fwd: Validation of IBIS model]
From: Hazem Hegazy (hazem@qualim.com)
Date: Fri Jan 03 2003 - 23:51:32 PST

Hi,
I'm not sure of the model quality because of the followings:
- The number of point in the rising and falling edges is quit a
few before it reach steady state.
- There are Rising to gnd and Falling to VDD only V-T data, I
strongly recommend to have the other two (Rising to VDD and Falling to
ground).
- There is C_Fixture = 30p in the V-T data!! This is not
recommended while you generate the IBIS model wave forms, Please
regenerate the V-T tables without these capacitance.
- The C_comp value must be calculated and optimized in order to
get complete overlay with SPICE.

I think that all of these might be the cause.
One more thing, I noticed also from the validation you sent in this mail
the SPICE simulation reaches 2.7 as a steady state, while the IBIS
simulation reached 2.4 !!

BR,

Hazem Hegazy, M.Sc.
IBIS Modeling Engineer