RE: [IBIS-Users] Ramp and Rising waveform Load

Subject: RE: [IBIS-Users] Ramp and Rising waveform Load
From: Muranyi, Arpad (arpad.muranyi@intel.com)
Date: Thu Jan 16 2003 - 08:20:01 PST

Anshuli,

You should use an R_fixture around 50 Ohms, not 500. The best
value for R_fixture is the transmission line impedance that
the buffer is designed to drive. This is usually in the range
below 100 Ohms.

I don't have the time to explain it now, but if you have
waveforms which go almost rail to rail, you do not have a
very good IBIS model.

Arpad Muranyi
Intel Coproration