RE: [IBIS-Users] Waveform mismatch question

Subject: RE: [IBIS-Users] Waveform mismatch question
From: Muranyi, Arpad (arpad.muranyi@intel.com)
Date: Thu Jan 23 2003 - 11:51:06 PST

John,

Theoretically there should be no mismatch messages. If there
are, something is wrong. However, this is an area where the
parser was also corrected numerous times, so first I would
suggest that you get the latest version if you don't have it
yet.

If you still get this message, than you need to check your
model data. What this means is that the IV curves of your
model would give you different waveform voltages than what
your waveform tables have. It all boils down to Ohm's law.
If the model has such relatively large mismatches, Ohm's
law is violated somewhere. Depending on the simulator's
algorithms, this may or may not be a problem, but then you
don't know what they did to make it work either.

Arpad Muranyi
Intel Corporation