RE: [IBIS-Users] Waveform mismatch question

Subject: RE: [IBIS-Users] Waveform mismatch question
From: Ingraham, Andrew (Andrew.Ingraham@hp.com)
Date: Tue Jan 28 2003 - 08:55:16 PST

> These types of warnings are very common. It appears to me that you are either using an old IBISCHK or you are creating a Version 2.1 model because the latest IBISCHK will give errors for any mismatch greater than 1% or so.

That is sometimes true. However, in this case the warnings appear to be real.

The warning that he quoted as an example, had 0.05V versus 0.16V (not too severe but should be better), and 1.75V versus 1.91V. They ought to match better than that. Hence the warning.

The error percentages look OK, as if you are using a newer version of IBISCHK. The older versions would report huge percentage differences on the order of 300%, for small differences between small voltages.

Are you sure that the waveform data wasn't truncated? That's a likely cause of this problem.

Regards,
Andy