RE: [IBIS-Users] Pin name assignment

Subject: RE: [IBIS-Users] Pin name assignment
From: Frank Dunlap (fdunlap@netlogicmicro.com)
Date: Fri Jan 31 2003 - 08:29:58 PST

I think that the suggestion to stay with a-z and 0-9 characters (and to start the name
with a-z) is a good, safe idea. I have seen cases, however, where IBIS models used
a trailing "#' to indicated active low. Such signals show up in certain vendor's datasheets and
their IBIS models. Isn't a good idea, though maybe not a requirement, to use the
EXACT same name in the IBIS model as is used in the datasheet, as these vendors
have done?

So, though it's a great suggestion to use just a-z and 0-9, are there any known
issues in using other characters, and, in this case, specifically, "#"?

Thanks,

Frank