RE: [IBIS-Users] Need help with IBIS/ECL question

Subject: RE: [IBIS-Users] Need help with IBIS/ECL question
From: Beal, Weston (weston_beal@mentorg.com)
Date: Fri Mar 14 2003 - 09:07:22 PST

John,

I don't recall anything in the IBIS specification that prohibits this method, but the more important issue is whether or not your simulator will interpret it as you desire. I kind of doubt that this will work in any of the simulators that I'm familiar with.

If I were in your position, I would just try one simple model and try a simulation in my favorite simulator. You'll need to remove any rising and falling waveforms for the first test, as they surely will cause confusion. If you find that the first test works and you want to add the waveforms back in, then you'll have to find a method to adjust the voltage values to line up with your new model.

Good Luck,
Weston