RE: [IBIS-Users] IBIS connector Models

Subject: RE: [IBIS-Users] IBIS connector Models
From: Lynne Green (lgreen@cadence.com)
Date: Thu Apr 03 2003 - 11:40:04 PST

Hi, Peter,

Your question is valid for published specifications. However, this is
still a DRAFT spec (with
major revisions over the past 5 years). An updated draft is expected to
be released to the
IBIS Open Forum sometime in April.

Historically, EDA support for IBIS features has depended on several
things:
* A specification approved in an IBIS Open Forum vote
* Publicly available parser executable
* Vendor models using those features (and that pass the parser)
* What Marketing calls "customer demand" (i.e. people using those vendor
models).

By definition, none of those things exists for a draft spec. (Since you
brought it up, there is
not yet a parser for IBIS 4.0.)

Now is a good time to let your favorite vendor know if you plan to use
IBIS Interconnect
models. This gives the tool makers a "heads-up". Also, as Sudheer
pointed out, people
might not use the new format if vendors or tools support alternate
models.

Best regards,
Lynne

Lynne Green