[IBIS-Users] Question regarding Dynamic Clamp

Subject: [IBIS-Users] Question regarding Dynamic Clamp
From: Timothy Coyle (timothy.coyle@sun.com)
Date: Wed May 07 2003 - 07:53:54 PDT

Hi,
I know this topic has been discussed recently, but I'm not sure I understand how the Dynamic Clamp is suppose to work. I have an I/O buffer that calls a non-driving Dynamic Power Clamp. I have power clamp data in the I/O buffer model, and more power clamp data in the submodel.
This is for a on-die pullup to VDD. It seems the power clamp in the I/O model contains the pullup, and the submodel power clamp does not.
(this seems to be the power clamp when output is Hi-Z) The IBIS file passes the parser fine, but when I try to use a certain ibis to
specific model format translator, I get an error saying that the submodel dynamic clamp needs to have a pullup and/or a pulldown curve.
Has anyone published any articles on dynamic clamps or know of where any more info is located?

Regards,
Tim