[IBIS-Users] Validating IBIS Inputs

Subject: [IBIS-Users] Validating IBIS Inputs
From: Timothy Coyle (timothy.coyle@sun.com)
Date: Tue May 13 2003 - 08:25:36 PDT

Hello,
I'm curious as to how other people validate an IBIS input buffer with a ground clamp and power clamp curve to the original
SPICE netlist. If I run a simulation of a driver and receiver with a transmission line, and then a driver with a transmission
line and a lumped capacitor load, I get almost the same result. (Assuming a properly made IBIS file) The power and ground clamp
curves only turn on below Reference Ground or above supply voltage. So if I have an input going into my input buffer that has overshoot
then should I see my powerclamp curve turn on? What types of tests do people do to validate that the clamps are behaving as expected?
(And feel free to inform me on what the expected behavior of the clamps should be)

Thanks in advance,

Tim