Re: [IBIS-Users] Validating IBIS Inputs

Subject: Re: [IBIS-Users] Validating IBIS Inputs
From: Ingraham, Andrew (a.ingraham@ieee.org)
Date: Tue May 13 2003 - 10:32:46 PDT

A well behaved driver with output impedance comparable to the transmission
line's Zo, won't generate much if any overshoot.

Try using a rail-to-rail voltage source and about a 10 ohm thevenin
equivalent resistance, driving a 50 ohm transmission line to the receiver.
It is a better signal source for exercising inputs. The delay of the
transmission line sets the overshoot pulsewidth.

Regards,
Andy