RE: [IBIS-Users] Correlating Tco of IBIS to SPICE

Subject: RE: [IBIS-Users] Correlating Tco of IBIS to SPICE
From: Douglas Burns (dburns@sisoft.com)
Date: Wed May 21 2003 - 10:02:26 PDT

Tim,

 IBIS contains no delay information, thus you can't compare them directly
with spice. Also, the spice file may not contain the full logic path delay
and it's output delay may not be the same as the spec'ed Tco. What you
really care about is that the waveforms overlay each other (when properly
shifted) when they drive the same load. For Timing analysis purposes, you
would then run a simulation of the IBIS into the standard load and a second
simulation of the IBIS into the actual load. You can then subtract the delay
from stimulus to response of the standard load simulation from the stimulus
to response of the actual load. The resulting data is the delay the actual
load has on the network with respect to the standard load. You then add the
Tco value (delay into standard load) to this computed value (delay of actual
network with respect to the standard load) to calculate the actual delay of
the full network.

Doug

Douglas Burns
Chief Consultant