RE: [IBIS-Users] Using IBIS models for VDD droop & Ground Bounce

Subject: RE: [IBIS-Users] Using IBIS models for VDD droop & Ground Bounce
From: Muranyi, Arpad (arpad.muranyi@intel.com)
Date: Tue Jun 10 2003 - 09:43:38 PDT

John,

Sorry for the late reply. We do use IBIS models for what we
call "Power Delivery" simulations (which is the same thing
you asked about). However, we only use the buffer model in
IBIS format, and have a more accurate package and PDN model
in different formats.

The new ICM (IBIS Interconnect Model Specification) provides
(now) a much more accurate way to model the passive circuits,
but the new language extensions to the buffer modeling
capabilities of IBIS (BIRD75) will provide further improvements
for buffer modeling also.

As soon as tools begin to support these new features we will be
able to do very accurate power delivery simulations using IBIS
files for the passive as well as the active circuits.

Arpad Muranyi
Intel Corporation