Re: [IBIS-Users] damped oscillations in V-T curve

Subject: Re: [IBIS-Users] damped oscillations in V-T curve
From: erik.van.der.ven@philips.com
Date: Mon Jun 30 2003 - 01:49:57 PDT

Hello Andrew,

The oscillation/ringing is damped such that the next peaks become
negligible. I cannot image that these calculations are a problem for
Spectre. HSPICE has the possiblity to use 2 waveforms instead of one. But
I get a warning that it only uses one waveform, probably because it is not
needed for ECL according to the IBIS specification.
Do you have any idea how to deal with oscillations/ringing in general and
how simulators deal with it?

With kind regards,
Erik.

Ir. Erik van der Ven