[IBIS-Users] IBIS Interconnect Modeling Specification - Request for Feedback

Subject: [IBIS-Users] IBIS Interconnect Modeling Specification - Request for Feedback
From: Mirmak, Michael (michael.mirmak@intel.com)
Date: Tue Jul 01 2003 - 09:08:57 PDT

The IBIS Open Forum has completed and is now reviewing a new draft
document called the IBIS Interconnect Modeling Specification (ICM).
In brief, the ICM specification permits model authors to represent a
wide variety of interconnects, including connectors, cables and
packages, using a regular, ASCII-based, human-readable format.
Interconnect topologies can be described using implicit (tree) or
explicit (nodal) connections, and conductor swathing is supported.
Coupling can be represented through RLGC matrices or S-parameter data
in Touchstone(R) format.

This new specification is a significant improvement on the current
IBIS EBD and PKG formats. In order to help make it as useful as
possible to the industry, the IBIS Open Forum requests your input.
Please take a moment to review the draft specification, available
at the following location:

http://www.eda.org/pub/ibis/connector/

Comments may be sent to the IBIS reflector, to me or to any IBIS
Open Forum officer. Your feedback is important! The Open Forum
intends to vote on approving or disapproving the specification on
or before August 29.

Thank you in advance for your support.

- Michael Mirmak
  michael.mirmak@intel.com