RE: [IBIS-Users] C-Comp

Subject: RE: [IBIS-Users] C-Comp
From: Roy Leventhal (Roy.Leventhal@ieee.org)
Date: Fri Jul 18 2003 - 08:38:04 PDT

Anshuli,

Be aware that capacitive behavior is included in the V-T behavioral curves
and/or the slew rates based on them. Unsophisticated providers of simulation
software (hopefully, few remain) can thus mistakenly "double count" the
effects of Ccomp unless they adjust for its presence in the circuit.

So, why is Ccomp included? To account for the capacitive loading on the
circuit, direct or reflected wave, and it is the total capacitive loading
looking into the die pad.

Best Regards,

Roy