RE: [IBIS-Users] C-Comp

Subject: RE: [IBIS-Users] C-Comp
From: Birendra Rana (birendra.rana@wipro.com)
Date: Mon Jul 21 2003 - 02:40:25 PDT

Hi Anshuli,

The C_comp parameter is a bit confusing at first but I hope this
explanation will set it right :

The C_comp parameter tells the simulator what capacitance it should
expect when looking "into" the model. The tables in the IBIS model
wouldn't have that Info. To get the feel of the C_comp parameter try
simulating a I/O buffer IBIS model with a transmission line with a
termination resistor and a capacitive load. Take the IBIS model with
C_comp = 0 pF and other case with C_comp = some value. You will see the
difference in the waveforms as reflected output signal will encounter
this 'capacitance' of the buffer in the second case.

Hope this clears.

Birendra