RE: [IBIS-Users] C-Comp

Subject: RE: [IBIS-Users] C-Comp
From: Muranyi, Arpad (arpad.muranyi@intel.com)
Date: Wed Aug 06 2003 - 12:50:04 PDT

Sorry for the late response.

The way this could be done is to simply repeat all C_comp
parameters twice, one set for drive mode, and another for
receive mode. One C_comp for receive mode would not
be enough.

However, there is more to this problem. The capacitance
is not only dependent on whether the buffer drives or
receives, but it is also voltage and frequency dependent.
(See BIRD 79 and related presentations). The question
in my mind is, BIRD 79 was voted down, because all those
features will be doable with the *-AMS extensions to IBIS.
The same is true for the C_comp drive/receive parameters.

Is it worth adding these parameters to the existing
style, or should we just go with the *-AMS style modeling
and be able to describe anything freely?

Arpad