Re: [IBIS-Users] How to determine Ccomp

Subject: Re: [IBIS-Users] How to determine Ccomp
From: erik.van.der.ven@philips.com
Date: Thu Aug 07 2003 - 00:29:12 PDT

Hello Dekker,

Thank you for your response. I meant determination of Ccomp by
simulations, sorry.

Best regards,
Erik.

Ir. Erik van der Ven
Room DB1032
Business Line Networking Infrastructure
Philips Semiconductors BV
Gerstweg 2
6534 AE Nijmegen
The Netherlands
Phone: +31-24-3534334

"Dekker Graden" <tarka@teraspeed.com>
08/06/03 06:11 PM
Please respond to "Dekker Graden"

        To: Erik van der Ven/NYM/SC/PHILIPS@EMEA2
        cc:
        Classification:

Hello Erik

If your talking about getting Ccomp from measurements there is another way
of doing it that I have found to be quite good using a TDR. The
measurement method depends on if you have packaged or die only chips.
Anyway.... you just use a TDR to shoot in a pulse... then use something
like Iconnect (TDA systems software) to calculate what Ccomp is from the
waveform you get.

There are papers and application notes on http://www.tdasystems.com site that explain this way of getting Ccomp.

The only down side here is that you tend to only get the basic Ccomp...
about typical.

Anyway... just a pointer to a different direction if its an option for
you. The software and equipment is rather spendy.

Dekker