RE: [IBIS-Users] pullup/pulldown range LVDS

Subject: RE: [IBIS-Users] pullup/pulldown range LVDS
From: Lynne Green (lgreen@cadence.com)
Date: Mon Aug 11 2003 - 10:06:06 PDT

Hello, Erik,

One would normally add one point at each end outside of the normal
operating
range (using the same current as the normal operating endpoint). This
only
"costs" two points of the 100 allowed in IBIS 3.2, so there is no
significant loss
in accuracy.

This does two things:
1) Allows the simulator tool to search the entire -Vcc,+2Vcc range when
   performing convergence phase, resulting in faster convergence.
2) Allows the IBIS file to pass the IBIS parser.

| Example with 12mA end points in I-V data:
-3.3V -12m | dummy end point
0.4V -12m | end point of actual operating region
                     | normal data, up to 96 more lines
1.6V 12m | end point of actual operating region
6.6V 12m | dummy end point

Best regards,
Lynne