RE: [IBIS-Users] time shifted edges

Subject: RE: [IBIS-Users] time shifted edges
From: Angulo, John (john_angulo@mentorg.com)
Date: Mon Aug 18 2003 - 16:10:05 PDT

Erik,

The model's V-T tables dictate to the simulator when to start the buffer's edges. When you see a time shift in the simulated edges relative to your V-T tables, it probably means that the tool is clipping some of the lead-in time from the tables before simulation. This is useful for those models that contain excessive lengths of dead time before the launch of the waveforms (we've seen ten nanoseconds in some cases), but it is undesirable in LVDS or other applications with carefully constructed V-T tables for precise duty cycle timing. Hyperlynx lets you turn lead-in clipping off. I'll contact you offline to point out the exact option.

Best regards,
John Angulo
Hyperlynx Products
Mentor Graphics Corp.