RE: [IBIS-Users] BIRD84 - Driver Schedule Clarifications

Subject: RE: [IBIS-Users] BIRD84 - Driver Schedule Clarifications
From: Beal, Weston (weston_beal@mentorg.com)
Date: Wed Oct 01 2003 - 08:40:48 PDT

Arpad,

Thanks for doing this work. It helps get everyone working to the same spec. It is still a bit ambiguous to me what happens when a simulator stimulus edge occurs before a delay_off time. For example, if my driver schedule specifies a rise_on_delay of 1ns and a rise_off_delay of 15ns and the high pulse time from my simulator is 10ns. Does the model switch to a low state 10ns after the rising edge or 15ns after the rising edge? I would expect it to switch low at 10ns and I think (but it's a bit ambiguous) that "if they were not already turned ON and OFF, respectively, by another event" means that the simulator stimulus falling edge would cause the model to switch low. Is that how you interpret it and think that was the original intent?

thanks,
Weston