RE: [IBIS-Users] Ramp data by direct measurement

Subject: RE: [IBIS-Users] Ramp data by direct measurement
From: Ebert, Gregory J (gregory.j.ebert@intel.com)
Date: Wed Oct 15 2003 - 09:24:21 PDT

I used a digital scope that had the ability to export data
into a spreadsheet. In my case, I overlayed this with data
from simulations to generate a plot that showed simulations
bounded silicon performance.

Be aware that package parasitics and the loading of the scope
are affecting the signal that is captured. Also, due to process
variations, you won't get the full picture as some material is
bound to be slower or faster than the device you characterized.