[IBIS-Users] Does a clock driver IBIS model need to incorporate steady state s witching effects?

Subject: [IBIS-Users] Does a clock driver IBIS model need to incorporate steady state s witching effects?
From: James_R_Jones@dell.com
Date: Tue Nov 04 2003 - 14:20:07 PST

I have received some feedback recently that you would need
a clock driver IBIS model to take into account the effects of
steady state switching at some frequency. The feedback states
that if you used the same silicon I/O cell for psuedo-random, or
less frequent switching, then the IBIS model would need to be
different to get the most accurate effect.

Does anyone have any insight that could be helpful in explaining
why this might be the case?

James R. Jones
Enterprise Engineering Signal Integrity Team
Dell Inc.
(512) 725-1809