[IBIS-Users] Which package model is more useful and practical?

From: Eric Hsu <ehsu@netlogicmicro.com>
Date: Thu Mar 11 2004 - 16:06:06 PST

Hi Expert,

  Has anyone ever really used *.pkg with IBIS model to do some simulation, such as SSN? If so, can anyone let me know what's benefit we can get from it? Myself prefer choosing IBIS model with package data for pin R/L/C from itself, to any other package model like *.pkg or S-parameter. If go to IBIS open forum to search all the ibis model, so far I did not find any of them really using .pkg model with their ibis model. If the chip get low pin count, I think it is easy to handle *.pkg model because it is possible to verify accuracy for all the parasitic effect. But for big chip, I don't know is there any way can handle that?
  For most of the application, I guess, probably it is not necessary to provide .pkg model with ibis, because it may only provide one or two order accuracy than per-pin R/L/C format in ibis. Tool compatibility may be another issue.

Best Regards,

Eric Hsu
Interface Technologies
Netlogic Microsystems, Inc.
450 National Ave.
Mountain View, CA 94043
650-961-6676 x198
This e-mail contains Netlogic Microsystems, Inc. Confidential information