Re: [IBIS-Users] IBIS-SPICE correlation

From: Hazem Mahmoud Hegazy <hazem.hegazy@qualim.com>
Date: Tue Mar 16 2004 - 06:25:22 PST

Hi,

You have no problem with your model as your first rising
and falling edges overlay very well. The second rising
edge in the IBIS is leading the SPICE.
There is some differences in the stimulus pulse definition
between IBIS and SPICE. I?ll give you this example:

SPICE: Pulse(0 Vdd 0n 1n 2n 20n 40n)
Then the corresponding IBIS stimulus is: State one
duration = 21n, State two duration = 19n.

I think you have this definition mess-interpreted somehow
as you have already good overlay with SPICE in the first
rising and falling edges.
So, my recommendations are:
- First, check the VT data delays compared to SPICE
- Second, check the pulse definition and compare it to
SPICE pulse definition.

BR,
Hazem Hegazy

On Mon, 15 Mar 2004 15:48:24 -0800
  "Mohan, Prabhu" <Prabhu.Mohan@actel.com> wrote:
>Hi
>I am trying to correlate IBIS vs. Spice. The simulation
>seems to be off on
>the rising edge. IBIS seems to start switching a little
>bit earlier than
>Spice on the rising edge (refer the attachment, red-IBIS,
>yellow-SPICE). I'm
>not sure what is causing it. Does anyone have any
>suggestion as to where the
>error might be coming from?
>Thanks
>Prabhu

Hazem Hegazy$IBIS modeling manager$Quality