[IBIS-Users] Call for IBIS 4.1 Parser Development Bids!

From: Mirmak, Michael <michael.mirmak@intel.com>
Date: Tue Mar 16 2004 - 18:14:50 PST

The IBIS Open Forum has recently approved the IBIS 4.1 specification.
To aid industry adoption, the Open Forum would like to release a "golden
parser" for IBIS 4.1 models, as it has for IBIS 4.0 and previous
versions. We are therefore soliciting bids from software developers to
upgrade the existing parser to support IBIS 4.1 syntax.

Alterations to IBIS are approved through BIRDs (Buffer Issue Resolution
Documents) which describe the changes in detail. The new parser must
support the updates in IBIS 4.1 as described in the BIRDs below:

      BIRD75.8 New keywords/subparameters
      BIRD77.2 New subparameters
      BIRD78.1 Change line length to 120 characters
      BIRD80.1 Add ext_ref column and new rules to [Pin Mapping]
      BIRD85.3 Refine [Ramp] keyword requirement under BIRD75.8.

The full text of each of the BIRDs can be found at:

    http://www.eda.org/pub/ibis/birds/.

Please refer to the IBIS Version 4.1 specification for the final text of
these features. The document can be found at:

    http://www.eda.org/pub/ibis/ver4.1/

We are seeking an estimate of the time and cost of developing an IBIS
4.1 parser according to these requirements. Compatibility with previous
versions is required and the use of current parser source code is
assumed. Note that the source for the parser is not distributed except
under paid license from the IBIS Open Forum.

If you are interested, please submit a bid no later than April 30 to
Michael Mirmak (EIA/IBIS Open Forum Chair). Additional information is
available upon request.

 Thank you!

 - Michael Mirmak
   Intel Corp.